Cancertown will be released in May, and is currently available to pre-order from Amazon, or even better, ask your local comic shop to order you a copy in. If you don't have a local comic shop try getting in touch with Whatever Comics from Canterbury in the UK. I have been buying my comics there for nearly 20 years and they are outstanding. Tell them Nic sent you.
- ISBN-10: 1905808135
- ISBN-13: 978-1905808137
- Cancertown RRP = £14.99, Con Special = £10
- Cages RRP = £10.99, Con Special = £7
- Layer Zero Choices RRP = £9.99, Con Special = £7
- Cancertown + Cages for £15
- Cancertown + Layer Zero for £15
- Cancertown + Cages + Layer Zero for £20
You can also take advantage of the special prices by pre-ordering directly from us before the 9th of May (either to pick up at the convention or to be posted to you if you can't make it). Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you need.
Payment can be made by Cheque or Paypal.
In other news this week:
- The Indifference Engine by Cy Dethan:
Responding to a strangely specific job advertisement, a distinctly ordinary twenty-something suburban slacker finds himself in the middle of an inter-dimensional task force staffed entirely by superhuman alternate versions of himself. Struggling to fit in, he uncovers a conspiracy that strikes at the very heart of the organisation – a conspiracy that only he can stop.
- Quarantine by Michael Moreci:
Quarantine follows a group of survivors trapped in a small town in the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan shortly after a biological plague is released into the water supply. This plague turns a person into a homicidal war machine, which forces the borders to close, leaving our band of survivors to fight for their lives.
- Butterflies and Moths by Corey Brotherson:
Butterflies and Moths is about a young woman attempting to come to terms with a terrible affliction and her past, and in finding a kindred spirit discovers - through blood and betrayal - that death is a natural part of life. A prequel, "Fragile" to this can be seen in the upcoming Layer Zero:Choices
- The IonMonger's Daughter by Matt Gibbs:
Victoria Cross wants to see the stars. Against her father's wishes, she leaves the family business to embark on a journey to her mother's home world. Robbed, ensnared by the criminal underworld, arrested and conscripted into the army as a convict, her bad choices turn her dreams into a nightmare.
- Focal Point by Jim Alexander, Martin Conaghan and Cy Dethan:
The first in a new series of "by invitation" book where we ask three creators for three stories exploring one theme, all linked by a shared "focal point".
More on all of these as things progress.
- The incredibly talented South African art team of Neil Van Antwerpen and Peter-David Douglas will be teaming up with Cy Dethan once again on The Ragged Man towards the end of the year. The three of them last worked together on War Stories: Tasch as part of the Starship Troopers on-going series for Markosia.
- On Saturday we attended the Essex Book Festival, more on that next week when all the images are in.
- We have booked tables for Thought Bubble in November. See you there.