Now that's all done and we're able to catch our breath we can tell you what all that means for Insomnia, and give some well deserved congratulations to some of our wonderfully talented writers and artists.
Layer Zero Update
Layer Zero: Choices is almost full now. Take a look at this:
This amazing piece of work-in-progress will be the cover. By the time you see it on the shelves it will be in colour, but I was so excited I wanted to give it a preview here. It is by the brilliant Scott James. Scott is one of those artists you can just say a few words to and trust he gets completely what you want. A few days later you will open your email and something like this will be waiting for you. Just like magic, it is exactly what you wanted, but also so much better than you could have imagined.
So, what else is going to be in the book? Well, so far we have confirmed:
- The Proposal: script and art by Scott James
- Butterflies and Moths: script by Corey Brotherson and art by Ariyana Vida
- Magpie: script by Richard McAuliffe and art by Mark Chilcott (more on these two later)
- Waste: script by Cy Dethan (more on a new book from Cy later as well)
- Waiting For The End: script by Martin Conaghan
- Time Wave Zero: script and art by Adam R Grose
- Devil's Due: script by Richard Casey and art by Preston Asvedo
- Beggars Can't Be Choosers: script by Christopher Barker (more on him later, too)
- The Devil Road: script by Rich James Johnson and art by Leonardo M Giron
- The Right Choice: script and art by Stephen J Butler
- Hobson's Choice: script by Thomas Romeo
- The Turtle Guitar: script and art by Ben Powis
- Erratum: script by Matt Gibbs
- Nearest and Dearest: script by Greg Carruthers and art by Monty Borror
- Soul: script by Steven Stone
- Death in Therapy: script by GM Jordan
The theme of the next anthology will be "Survival", and I have one story signed for that already.
New Books Signed
Our newest signings are:
- The Ragged Man by Cy Dethan
- Shiver by Christopher Barker
- Oz: The Fall of The Scarecrow King by Peter Forbes
- Damaged Goods by Richard McAuliffe and Mark Chilcott
And finally, give it up for our fantastic creators:
- The first full review of Cages appeared this week, prompting the reviewer to call it "a mother of a compelling read"- well done Xander and Mel
- Simon Wyatt, creator of Unbelievable is the winner of the Pow! Cataclysmic Contest of Awesome Art - judged by none other than Stan "The Man" Lee himself.